Sunday, April 29, 2012

Peace

I believe in signs.  I believe in things beyond what we see.  I believe things come together and that things happen for a reason.  Although I do not know the reason why my sister was taken from us, I do know that she is in a better place; a place where fear, pain, and anger do not exist; a place where only the true of heart and of soul dwell.  Danielle is at peace now and is surrounded by love.  All the love we have, we send to her and it surrounds her in the place where there is no evil.

My favorite song in church has always been "Shepherd Me Oh God".  I have always loved the music, the choir's voices, and the feeling I have when I hear the song.  Only recently, the weekend of the one year anniversary of the storms, did I truly realize the meaning of the song.  My favorite song for years sent me a message I have never heard before.  My favorite song became my song of peace.  I believe this is my sign, my sign from Danielle, that she is at peace.
Refrain:
Shepherd me, O God, beyond my wants,
Beyond my fears, from death into life.
Verse 1
God is my shepherd, so nothing shall I want,
I rest in the meadows of faithfulness and love,
I walk by the quiet waters of peace.
Refrain
Verse 2
Gently you raise me and heal my weary soul,
You lead me by pathways of righteousness and truth,
My spirit shall sing the music of your Name.
Refrain
Verse 3
Though I should wander the valley of death,
I fear no evil, for you are at my side,
Your rod and your staff, my comfort and my hope.
Refrain
Verse 4
You have set me a banquet of love in the face of hatred,
Crowning me with love beyond my power to hold.
Refrain
Verse 5
Surely your kindness and mercy follow me all the days of my life;
I will dwell in the house of my God for evermore.
Refrain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home