Sunday, October 27, 2013

Welcome to Omaha!

As you all already know, we have recently relocated to Omaha, NE!  I have the most amazing husband in the entire world who just won’t give up on me.  He knows what my career goals are and continues to support me and push me toward them – which is how we wound up here.  Clay helped me apply to schools where there is a strong meteorology force in the area, so there would be something for both of us.  I got accepted to Clarkson College, which is located nearly in the center of Omaha (only 5 miles from our apt).

There are two large public libraries only minutes from home.  Also, have I noted that there are four Targets, two Sam’s Clubs, and seven Catholic churches?! We are not used to having a choice of where our parish will be, but we are enjoying seeing each one and selecting the best for us.  I’m sure we’ll tell you all about it when our minds and hearts are made.

Our new home is only minutes from many shopping centers and only a couple miles from the heart of Omaha.  Where we are though feels like a place all on its own.  You don’t hear all the sounds of the city and there is plenty of green around us, which I definitely enjoy!  We have a semi-enclosed courtyard right outside our front door.  We have a courtyard/garden view from our bedroom loft window.  All windows are double-panned with a distal screen.  Weather has been wonderful! It has steadily been in the 70s to mid-80s, and may I add that there has been ONE humid day?!  Lately it's been getting a bit chilly tho! I’m sure you won’t be hearing these praises come this winter, but for now, we're enjoying being “corn huskers”!


Here are a few pictures of our new place..before..during..and now :)We love and miss you all!
  





1 Comments:

At October 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Kelly Aldridge said...

love it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home